CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Followers

Sunday, February 20, 2022

Thanks...


 Morning folks...

Well this card didn't go according to the plan I had in my head...seems to be a theme these days ha ha! 

I first added some distress ink to the background to give it a kind of marbly effect, this is the only part that went according to plan.  I then stamped the leaves with distress inks, I left it to dry a bit and then I started watercolouring the leaves with a few different shades of distress inks.  The ink on the stalk started to bleed out and I had already spent ages colouring so I didn't want to waste it so I then ran my waterbrush over the image to make some of the green bleed out.  This did actually look better than before. Again I left it to dry and then added a bit more colour.  I then added some little splashes in green, white and gold and finishes with a few sequins.

I have to say I do love colouring with watercolours and I do love this stamp, it's one of my favourites.

Challenges:
Crafty Catz - anything goes
Paper Minutes - leaves
Crafty Calendar - anything goes
Creatalicious - anything goes
We Love Stamping - anything goes


Fi
x

8 comments:

brenda said...

So often the way when we have an idea, but it looks to have turned out great to me, thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping challenge.

B x

Marilyn said...

Fabulous and so beautiful!

Crafting Queen said...

Worked out beautifully, love it. thanks for joining We Love Stamping and Thrugh the Craft Room Door challenges. Anesha

Anke said...

WOW your card is so beautiful, I love the background with the leaves ...

Billie A said...

Beautiful stunning card. I love it. Love the colors, the softness. Awesome water color effects. So glad you shared over at Crafty Catz.

This would be perfect for the challenge over at Happy Little Stamper Water color (always) challenge..

Aunty Sue said...

Fab card and thanks for sharing at crafty catz hope to see you joining in our Anything Goes challenges again.

Liz said...

It may not be what you planned, but it turned out beautifully. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Calendar Challenge this month. Good luck!
Liz xx

Mervi said...

Great accident, looks so delicate and fresh card.
Thank you for sharing at We Love Stamping Challenge;-))m