CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Followers

Sunday, September 05, 2010

Mixed Mediums with Paper Sundaes


Welcome Sundae bloggers and my scheduled post...yes working again!! This week over at Paper Sundaes the challenege is to use mixed mediums so you need to use more than one type of colouring medium for example I have used water pencils on top of copics, but you could use chalks, inks, prismacolours, watercolours etc. This week one lucky winner will receive a $25 certificate to use at My Creative Classroom.
For my card I have used papers from Echo Park...which I really like. The stamp is a new stamp I spotted over at Quixotic Paperie I just needed to buy her....isn't she cute and you'll never guess what her name is....well I'll tell you...it's Fiona!! How cool is that...a stamp named after me!! As I said I have coloured Fiona with copics and water pencils. The flower has been cut using my die-namics rolled flower die using a piece of white felt...which worked really well but a pity I stuck it not quite in the right place. I decided it should be over a bit once it had dried but the craft knife wouldn't budge it....at least the glue is strong then!! I also added the strip of lace and the little pearls. Hope you like and I have also entered this card in the following challenges: oh BTW incase anybody is thinking is the stamp named after me...it's not ...just a coincidence!!

Sweet Sketch Wednesday - sketch

Fab 'n' Funky - living in a material world

All that scraps - lace and CC Design

Simon Says Stamp
- Pearls and lace

Cute Card Thursday - material


Fi
x

30 comments:

Faye said...

Oh Fi, Fiona could be you! Gorgeous card and I think the flower is cool where it is! xxx

Alica said...

So cute! Your little Fiona image is lovely and the felt flower is perfect! So funny about the glue - at least you know which glue holds well :)

Lindsey said...

Fi, I love your Fi! I bet no one would call a stamp Lindsey :-( Great colouring and fab papers too. Hope you are having a great time in work!
;-)
Linds x

Lindsey said...

Doh, I always forget the " Thanks for joining us at Fab and Funky this week" bit!

Nancy Thomas said...

Very pretty - I have those same papers but have yet to cut into them. Thanks for the inspiration!

HappyCrafter said...

Lovely card! I like the bold colours and of course that felt flower is beautiful! Enjoy your Sunday.

Sue said...

Hi hun
aww gorgeous card, fabulous image & colouirng, lovely papers & design, sue,x

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card hun, that image is super cute, fabby papers too
hugs Mandy xx

martina's kaartjes said...

Lovely card ! lovthe colours you used.
have a crafty evening,
greetings, martina
x

Kathie said...

Hi Fiona, love your card this image is super cute good resemblance short dark hair just like you. Love your deisgn papers. Great job with Arlana's sketch. Thanks so much for joining us this week at SSW and good luck.
Kathie SSW

mulberry station said...

This is just the sweetest image. I love her! I love your bright fun colors and paper. Great take on the sketch! Thansk for joining us!
Nancy SSW

Monique said...

This is so sweet... Great coloring and love the DP you have used :) Have a great weekend :)

Marjo said...

Gorgeous card, wonderful DT creation.

Hugs Marjo

Heather said...

Fabulous card Fi, great colours, papers and I'm not surprised you had to buy that image, especially with the same short dark hair and name - she's was made for you and she's gorgeous!!
So glad you could join in the Simon Says Stamp challenge.
hugs Heather xx

Linda Anderson said...

An absolutely glorious card!!! So sweet! Love the papers and embellies, especially that felt flower! Thanks for joining us at SSW!

Linda

Genevieve said...

Gorgeous card Fiona! So bright & fun. The image is very cute. Thanks for playing along with us this week @ SSW :)

Genevieve.

sweetbloominscraps said...

This is such a cute card! I love your added pearls and your sweet flower! Thanks for joining us at SSW!

Emma said...

Such an adorable card, so cute and gorgeous colours.
Hugs Emma x

Anonymous said...

This is such a cute card! I love the bright colors!

Jeannie said...

Couldn't be cuter and a great job with this weeks sketch! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Cheryl said...

Very cute! I love the colors and papers.

artfuldelight said...

Super cute card, love the image!

JR Creations said...

Love it! Great image and great colours. Thanks for playing at SSW!

Jenny T.

Jackie Randolph said...

Awwwh, she is an adorable image. Fabulous coloring and beautiful papers. Thanks for playing along at SSW.

Julie said...

Your card is just adorable! Thank you for joining us at Cute Card Thursday!

Julie

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Using two mediums is something I have never thought of before. You did an amazing job with it!!! Thanks so much for joining us at SSW!

Deanne :)

Annie said...

love the cute image and fabulous colours on your card. thanks for joining us at CCT.
hugs, annie x

Anonymous said...

isn't that the sweetest thing! I love the felf flower too, must try!

Jodi said...

She is really adorable!! You have colored this image so pretty and I love your layout too!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Wishcraft said...

Fab card, love the image and gorgeous papers, and that flower is so cute :o) Lisa x