CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Followers

Saturday, October 09, 2010

Think Pink

As it is Breast Cancer Awareness month I thought I would make this card. We probably all know somebody who has been affected by cancer in one or another. I made a card similar to this last year for my mum to give to her friend and she loved it and treasured it...I hope you love it too. I used the embossing plate and sizzlit die from the sizzix pink ribbon kit which is perfect for making little fundraising items!! I also wanted the embossed words to be seen rather than having an image cover them up...so I added some pink chalk to enhance the embossing...finished with some ribbon and 3 little gems. I have entered this card in the Stamp & Create Challenge...not sure if I need a stamped image but this one was more about the card than the challenge as I am sending this card to Lacey's friend.


Fi
x

6 comments:

Lorraine said...

this is such a cute card i love it and for such a good cause too xx

Sue said...

Hi hun
a fabulous cards, luv the embossin i haven't seen that one before, perfect with the ribbon, sue,x

Lindsey said...

Great card Fi, the embossing on white looks really good with the pink x

Faye said...

Awesome, that touch of pink chalk has really lifted the embossing. xx

Heidi said...

Fiona-This is gorgeous. I love the embossing! Beautiful BBreast Cancer card! THanks for Joining the Stamp and Create Monthly Pink/Encouragement challenge!

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Lovely!! Simple and elegant, love the pink chalk.