CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Followers

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Oh Honey...

Well a wee quickie this afternoon as I am getting organised so that I have nothing to do when(housework) when I come home from the SECC tomorrow...except for to play with my goodies...1 sleep...woo hoo!! I wanted to try mt sewing machine agian but still have my L plates on for that....Now this card just kind of fell together, the papers are from 2 different collections as I was rumaging through my papers trying to decide which ones to use, these 2 happened to land next to each other and i thought hey presto they are perfect..well I think so! The spotty one is from October Afternoon - Bake the Cookies and the blue one is from Scenic route - Roxbury collection, both are Christmas collections. This is Honey the skier from CC Designs which I have coloured with copics, layered her onto a die cut circle which I scalloped with the Stampin Up slit punch and the blue circle at the back of Honey has been embossed with snowflakes. I added white glitter to Honey's hat, jacket and boots and then finished with gems. I needed to fix her skiis as they broke when I was cutting her out...so a repair job!! I also distressed the edge of the brown card.

Truly Scrumptious - sketch

Stampavie - Christmas

The Creative Cottage - embossing

ABC - glitter

Delightful Sketches - circles

Christmas Cards all year 'round - stitching


Fi
x

20 comments:

Alica said...

so cute! Love the snowflakes embossed circle and the fluffy trims too! Did I mention that your color combo and stitching look wonderful too?

Mrs A. said...

Gorgeous card. So nice to see a christmas card in untraditional colours. This really works and you can't see the join on the skiis. Love her bobbles.

Cec said...

What a sweet little card and a great image. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges.
Hugs!
Cec

Faye said...

Fi, this is fabulous, really like the papers and embossing and sweet image...Lol. Have a great time at the SECC. xxx

martina's kaartjes said...

Very pretty card !! great job,
greetings, martina
x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Love her, but how frustrating you haven't told me who makes her! Love the unusual colour scheme for a Christmas card. Really cute card. Marianne x

Wishcraft said...

Love this Fi, it's gorgeous! Fab papers - they work so well together, love the image too. Re Paper Sundaes, I wish I could have done - I can't fit another challenge blog in yet, but next Easter when my littlest one starts nursery, I'll be able to take a bit more on :o) Lisa x

Little K Smith said...

Aaawww this is adorable Fi, super cute image, love the colours, fab layout and love the embossing too!
Kelly.x

Fleur said...

Hi Fi, this really is gorgeous, the embossed circle is perfect. Lurve the sweet image. Hope you have fun at the SECC. I'm hoping to go to the NEC ~ So saving my pennies.
Hugz Fleur xXx

Christine said...

Adorable card, Fiona! Wish I had money for airfare, you'd have a tag-along! LOL

Crystal said...

This is great, love the layout & the stitching!

Heather said...

Gorgeous card Fiona, I love HOney - she's so cute, great colouring and yes those papers work brilliantly together.

Thanks so much for joining us in the Simon Says Stamp challenge.
hugs Heather xx

Lindsey said...

Fi this is brilliant!Love the papers and the layout and.....is that a sewing machine i see!!??? Looks great!
Linds x

Anne said...

Fab card Fiona, lovely colourowrk too
Thanks for playing along with Creative Cottage this week, good luck
Anne x

Sharon said...

This is gorgeous Fiona. I love the colour combo and also the fur trim on her hat and boots. Thanks for joining us at Truly Scrumptious.

Karina said...

Your card is gorgeous, Fiona. Lovely artwork you made with cutie honey. Thank you for joining us on abc this challenge. Hope to see you again next time.
Love from
Karina ABC DT

Berry said...

Stunning creation thanks for joining us at the creative cottage hugs Rebekah xx

Louise F NZ said...

Really cute, love the embossed circle background. Thanks for joining us this week at Delightful Challenges.

Lisette Morris said...

Beautiful papers, I love the snowflakes embossed. Your image is too cute too! Thanks for joining us at Truly Scrumptious!

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

I apologize Fi for taking so long for a visit to your blog to leave you some love on all of your gorgeous cards. I so appreciate your comment on my blog and I've felt so guilty for not having the time to return the favor. I've so enjoyed myself this evening drooling over all of your creations. I hope to do a better job at stopping by more often!!

Big Hugs,
Wendy