CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Followers

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

You make me happy...


Today I am sharing my tutorial for Spectrum Noir.  I bought this stamp a few weeks ago and thought it would be perfect to emboss and then watercolour, blending and shading those lovely bight colours.  The stamp is called "You Make Me Happy" from Woodware.

For this technique I scribbled the color onto acetate and then spritz with water so that it didn't get too wet and then I lifted the color with a paintbrush .

First of all I stamped my image with a Versamark pad onto Watercolour card from Crafters Companion and then sprinkled with white detail embossing powder.


Next heat set the image, you can just about see my embossed image below.


Next I started colouring small sections of the image with Lime and Moss Green Spectrum Aqua Markers, let the sections dry before moving to an adjacent section, this way the colours won't bleed however the embossing does help with holding the colour in the right place.


Just keep adding some more colour, I have added in Aquamarine.


Next I have added some Amber.


You can now start to add more depth the the colour you have ready used, this adds different shades.  I have now added in Crimson and Marigold and went over the areas that I have already coloured.


Keep building up the layers, you can see they are becoming brighter, I have now added Scarlet, Sunflower and Orange.


The image below is my final piece except for the white spacing in between the 3 panels, I added some Marine and then went over all areas again just to make it more vibrant.



Next I used Jasmine, to fill in the white space...I really wanted the image to pop so I don't want any white left.


Again I have made the Jasmine a bit darker.


Once the image has been fully coloured then cut to size and layer onto black cardstock...now you can see the image does really pop!


And here's my final card, I layered the panel onto and embossed card, added a black ribbon fastened with a button to finish.


Pop over to the Spectrum Noir blog to check it out and other fab projects.

Hope you likey!

Spectrum Aqua Markers used:
Jasmine, Moss Green, Lime, Marigold, Sunflower, Marine, Aquamarine, Crimson, Scarlet, Orange, Amber

challenges:
Papertake Weekly - oh so pretty

Fi
x

8 comments:

Sue said...

This is beautiful Fi, lovely colouring and such a effective finish...xxx
Sue

Tracey T said...

Great tutorial, Fi and a gorgeous card. Love the image xx

An Occasional Genius said...

I love! You always manage to make it look so easy! xx

Brawny x said...

This is a great tutorial. I love how your card turned out. It's fabulous! X

Christine L said...

Ooh I DO likey!! I LIKEY a LOT!! Fabbie tutorial too.. clever girl!!

Hugs
Christine x

Debbie said...

Hi Fi
Sorry not been around much and also miss you over at SS, but here now and your card is gorgeous. What a lot of lovely work and the finished card is delightful. Love it all including the embossing background.
Debbiex

Marilyn said...

I love this! Reminds me of stained glass but much, much prettier.

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

This is gorgeous Fi! You are really rocking these fab inky skills!! Love this gorgeous card. Hugs, Wends x