CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Followers

Friday, January 06, 2017

Spectrum Noir Tutorial

And now for something completely different.....

I thought I would show something different for this months tutorial, so here is my tutorial on how to paint or marble a ceramic mug using alcohol inks.
For this project you will need some Spectrum Noir Alcohol ink, rubbing alcohol and mod podge.  I have used IB1, IB2 and BT1 inks.

photo1

First I cleaned the mug, and stuck some tape around the lip to protect from the ink, and then painted it with the rubbing alcohol. I then loaded my paintbrush with some of the ink and painted around the bottom of the mug, I held the mug by the handle and moved it around to swirl the ink.

photo2

I then added another colour of ink and repeated the step above. 

photo3

Again, repeating the steps above I added a third colour of ink.

photo4

I left the mug to the side to let the ink dry off and then I added a coat of mod podge to seal the ink.  I only had the glitter mod podge which actually has given the mug a nice sparkle.

photo5

Here's the finished mug from both sides.

photo9photo8

Pop over to the Spectrum Noir Blog for more inspiration.



Fi
x

5 comments:

Glennis F said...

Interesting project, and a great result

Fikreta said...

this look great!
hugs, Ŧĭƙĭ
≽ܫ≼

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Wow, that looks awesome! What a cool idea. Love the finished effect. A very cool personalised present idea. Hugs, Wends xoxo

JANINE QUINN MIDDLESBROUGH, UK said...

Ooo, me likely. I might have to have a go at this Fi. You've inspired me :)

Jules said...

Hi Fi

What a fabulous idea .. .. I would never have thought of this! Love the finished look.

Hope you had a good Christmas and all the best for 2017. Have a lovely, crafty, year!

Love Jules xx