CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Followers

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Spectrum Noir tutorial - wax resist using aquatints

Hi folks...here I am with my tutorial for Spectrum Noir, today I thought I would share how to make a background using aquatints with the wax resist technique...

First I cut a piece of wax paper and ran it through an embossing folder.



Next I sandwiched the wax paper between 2 pieces of watercolor card and gave it an iron...not too much but just enough to lift the embossed was onto the card.


Next I added a layer of undiluted green aquatint.


I then added some added in some blue aquatint.


Next I loaded my paintbrush with water and brushed all over the card to blend the colors together.


Next using a soft sponge, I rubbed the card to lift the excess ink off.



I die cut my frame and attached a piece of acetate and then I applied 3D foam all the way around the edges.


I added some pearls and sequins to the inside and attached the watercolored card to the back.


The finished card...




Pop over to the Spectrum Noir blog for more inspirational tutorials.


Fi
x

2 comments:

Kelly Lloyd said...

Great tutorial and beautiful finished card
Hugs Kelly

Fikreta said...

this is great tutorila and very nice card
http://badkittyscraftroom.blogspot.hr/2016/05/craft-your-passion.html