CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Followers

Monday, September 21, 2015

Spectrum Noir September Tutorial -18th

Hi everybody, today I am sharing my tutorial on how to colour with blendable pencils on kraft and using blending solution.

I really need to practise a bit more but there was a few people on the Facebook group looking for some tips, so ladies hopefully this will help you.



First of all I cut a piece of kraft card to size and stamped the image using memento ink.



Next I added skin tone to the arms, legs, face and neck.



Next I added colour to the dress, making it a bit darker at the edges.


I then used blending solution with a paper stump to the coloured areas, I feel using the blending solution gives the image a softer touch and takes away the pencil lines.  The image will look darker to start with on the areas you have used the solution.

Once the dress dried I then added colour to the book and then started to colour the socks


I then went over the coloured area again with pencil and then started colouring the hair.


I then used the blending solution all over....


I then went over all coloured areas again just to highlight the image.



I then trimmed the image to size and here's my final card, I added some little pearls and gems and some twine. 



blendable pencil colors used: 001, 002, 009, 024, 042, 065, 066, 088, 112, 117, 119, 120

Pop over to the Spectrum Noir blog for more tutorials from the team.

Fi
x

5 comments:

Sue said...

Fi, this is gorgeous, also you are so generous to share such an inspirational tutorial - thank you.
Sue...xxx

An Occasional Genius said...

You always make it look so simple! I may try it one day....or not! Either way it's a beautiful card xx

Christine L said...

Brilliant tutorial and fabulous card Fi... love her..

Hugs
Christine x

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

What a great tutorial and lovely card. Have a fab weekend Fi xx

Fikreta said...

wonderful coloring and very nice card!
Bad Kitty's Craftroom