CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Followers

Sunday, February 27, 2011

One of a kind...

Hi all you Sunday bloggers and the first of 2 scheduled posts today. This is the first week of the brand spanking new Dream Valley Challenges and my DT card for them. This weeks theme is "anything goes" just to make it easy for the first week. Why don't you pop over and see what the rest of the team have created. The lovely Melly is sponsoring this weeks challenge, so a little treat for one lucky winner, well actually she is giving away 3 prizes.

1st prize is...




2nd prize is ....


3rd prize is...

What fabby prizes so you don't want to miss out....

I have made this card quite plain really but sometimes less is more as they say. I have used Basic Grey - Marjolaine papers, I embossed a couple of panels and layered the Sugar Nellie Bumble Bee image onto the card. I coloured the image with copics but just very lightly and then finished with some glitter and pearls. I have also entered the challenges below.

The sugar Bowl - sketch
Paperplay - sentimental(not sure if this qualifies so delete it if it doesn't)
Fussy & Fancy - embossing and/or paper piecing
Flutterby Wednesday - fairies


Fi
x

22 comments:

melsanford said...

Gorgeous card! Love the embossing and the colouring :-) Lovely! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Vicky said...

Hi hun this is gorgeous it may be simple but its really beautiful & your eye goes straight to the fab image.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Jennie said...

Absolutely adorable :)
Its a fabulous image and I love the colours! Very well thought out xx

Anonymous said...

I love the Less is More look. This is a gorgeous card. xx

Susie said...

Absolutely stunning! I really "need" to buy these Basic Grey papers soon as I keep admiring them and they are definitely my kind of colours. Love Bumble Bee Gorjuss too - must give her an airing soon! Susie x

Khristen said...

In this case, plain = perfect! I especially love what you did with the sentiment. Awesome card!

Carole of Brum said...

I don't think it's plain at all, Fiona, it's serene and beautiful. Had to stop and keep looking at it, it's so lovely. CoB

MagsB said...

Fi, this isn't plain, it's chic! I love your delicate colouring, and the embossing makes a lovely frame for the image!

luv, Mags x

Lin said...

You can't beat a spot of gorjuss to make something gorgeous! Love the colourway and the image is so adorable.

Lin xx

Woman of Many Thoughts said...

Beautiful! I love the colors! And you can see all the little details like the two pearls that add a little kiss to the whole thing. Great job!

Carrie's Corner said...

Lovely card! Your right, sometimes less is more. I think this one had just enough! Great job!

Hugs
Carrie

Mel said...

Fi honey, its gorjuss!
I love the simple look but the stunning elegant feel of it! Fab!
hugs Melly xxx

Lynne in NI said...

Ohhh, what a fabulous CAS card Fi! Love the touch of embossing and your hair colouring is fabulous!

coops said...

fantastic card fi.i love the mono colours and gg girl and stunning cas layout :D

xx coops xx

Anna said...

Sweet card! Thanks for joining us at Flutter By Wednesday.

Wishcraft said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the paper and embossing, and the image is one of my faves - I really must get her out more often! Coloured beautifully :o) Lisa x

Unknown said...

Great sentiment and great card! Thanks for joining us at Paper Play this week!
Alicia xx

Lilian said...

Stunning stunning work! Very elegant and I love the color combination. Thanks for joining the Sugar Bowl Challenge! :)

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card hunny, I have so neglected my Sugar Nellies, I love the sentiment too.
Thanks for joining us at Paper Play for our "Lets get sentimental" challenge
hugs Mandy xx

Muckyfingers said...

Lovely card :)
Thanks for playing along with us at Paperplay :)
Annette xXx

Lindsey said...

LOVE this! Simple and stunning x

Erika said...

Fiona love your take on the challenge and very classy less is definitely more. Thanks for taking part in the Sugar Bowl challenge, good luck, and happy crafting.
Erika.