CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Followers

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

A bit of watercolouring...


Good morning folks!

The sun is out and I am off work so before I get on with the housework I thought I would share my latest creation.

I actually spotted these flowers on youtube and they were also watercoloured, I just loved it when I saw it so I already had the stamps so I followed the tutorial by Kristina over there for colouring and making this card. 

This didn't actually take me that long but I first of all stamped and white embossed the flowers and the stems, I also had to mask off the flowers so I could overlap them....oh and it was really difficult to see the white embossing so one of my stems is a bit off centre.....I guess that's what makes it handmade...lol!

Next I started colouring the flowers using my zig pens, now I started with light colours and then gradually added darker colours to give the flowers a bit of depth...you don't have to be great at colouring which is what I love about watercolouring...it's so forgiving if you make a mistook!

Once I was happy with the colours I then added some shading around the flowers and then I added some slpodges...these are so cool and funky and I also added my checked effect backing...I think this looks quite funky against the vibrant colours.

products used:
Tim Holtz Stampendous stamps - flower garden
Altenew Label Love 
Zig Clean Color Real Brush pens
sequins

Hope you likey!

challenges:
Bunny Zoe - summer florals
Stamping Sensations - anything goes
In the Pink - get out your rubber
Noor Design - anything goes
Simon Says Stamp - anything goes



Fi
x

21 comments:

Natasa said...

Wow! Beautiful card!

Tracey T said...

Wow Fi, this is absolutely stunning! I haven't really done much with my watercolour pens but this might be the excuse/inspiration I need to buy some nice new stamps ;) Hope you're having a good summer xx

Anjie said...

Stunning make. Thanks for joining us in our Anything Goes challenge at Graph’It Markers Colouring Challenge
Anjie (DT)

Cindy Beach said...

This is so beautiful. I LOVE the effects you got with the Zig markers, amazing!

coops said...

So stunning Fi, The flowers are beautiful and I love your bright colours :D

xx coops xx

Lorraine said...

Absolutely stunning. Love it.
Lorraine x

Gayatri said...

One word: BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge. Gayatri xx

Erika said...

I was admiring this card on facebook Fiona, it is stunning. Great colours on your flowers and I love the added black splodges and details.

Hugs Erika. x

Fikreta said...

very beautiful card!
hugs

Lynne K said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love the flowers and the colouring. Thanks for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

Lynne

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Wow, What a stunning and eye-catching card. The colours are so vibrant and beautiful.
Lorraine

Mimi said...

This is beautiful... I love the look of it! I just saw a technique on YouTube via Pinterest by Virginia (of Virginia's View) did that had a similar look, but hers was with alcohol inks. Anyway, I love yours!

Scrappy Scatty said...

lovely make Thanks for joining us in our Anything Goes challenge at Graph’It Markers Colouring Challenge
xx

Sally H said...

A fabulous card with wonderful colouring! Thanks for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations this month for our anything goes with a stamp and a ribbon challenge.

pinky said...

Wow the colours are just so gorgeous, love it. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky

Vicky said...

WOW totally stunning card sweetie. Love the colouring, fantastic.
Thank you for joining us at Noor Design, hope you will join us in the next challenge.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Stunning watercolouring on those blooms. Love it! Loving the checkered frame too. Looks awesome. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Kat W said...

Absolutely gorgeous...the vibrant colours are fabulous and all the little details really make the image pop :-)
Thanks for sharing with us at In The Pink!
Kat x

Cathy said...

Beautiful card! I love the flowers and lovely colors.

Polkadoodles said...

Stunning colouring! Thanks for joining us at
Colour Crazy Challenge this week, we appreciate your entry - good luck! xx https://colourcrazychallenge.blogspot.co.uk/

Ardyth said...

Absolutely beautiful!