CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Followers

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Poinsettia Girl



Good morning, and my scheduled Wednesday post over on the Sugar Nellie blog.

For today's card I have used this fabby image called "Poinsettia Girl" from Leanne Ellis at Sugar Nellie.




 I coloured this little cutie with spectrum noirs, the dies are brand spanking new which I bought at the SECC at the weekend.  They are 2 separate dies...a Memory Box corner poinsettia and the other is from Poppy Dies....it actually took me a bit of time to build the flowers up.  I used both red and black card to cut out...I layered them up and then started chopping away the tiny red flowers to stick on the black...phew!!  I also added teeny weeny pearls the centres of the flowers. The backing paper is from Echo Park - Bundled Up which I layered onto black cardstock and then I distressed the edges.

Spectrums used:
FS2, FS3, FS6
DR1, DR3, DR5, DR7
BT1, BT5
EB1, EB2
GB8, GB10


challenges:
Spectrum Noir - embellishments
Simon Says Stamp - anything goes


Fi
x

8 comments:

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, sweet card.
luv
Debby

Sue said...

Love your image and background,gorgeous pointsettia's.

Brawny x said...

Gorgeous image. Fab card x

Erika said...

Great colour combination Fiona.
And in answer to your question, yes I do!

Hugs and happy crafting,

Erika. x

coops said...

so gorgeous fi.beautiful image and colouring and i love your poinsettias :D

xx coops xx

mixamatoasties said...

Gorgeous. Love that colour combo. And strangely enough I am using that very paper to make a card!

xx

Karen Letchworth said...

What a darling image, Fiona. You are very creative and talented. I enjoy your blog and cards very much. I would love to have you stop by and say hello on my blog. Have a blessed week!
Karen
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Jingle said...

This is very pretty! The flowers look amazing! Thanks so much for playing along with us for Anything Goes week on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!