CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Followers

Saturday, September 03, 2011

Anything but a card....

Hi all...second scheduled post of the day....thought I would wait til lunch time so I can do the linky thing on my lunch break!! When I saw Faye's lovely work of art I thought..I am going to make one of those...I need one for my desk anyway!! So here we are...a little bit out of my comfort zone and it didn't quite go according to plan!! So I used an old tub, then I sanded it and rubbed it and primed it and rubbed it and painted it but then I thought I could add some tissue papers around the lip on the top but that's where it all went wrong!! Looking at it now though, I did manage to fix it up a bit and it's not as bad a sit was!! I covered the tub in MME - So Sophie papers, there is also a band all the way around with matching buttons on, maybe should have taken a photo from the side, oh well, I cut the felt flowers out using my MFT rolled daisy die...I think this die works perfectly on felt, I am not so keen on it with papers. I then added a bow and a couple of punched butterflies.....hope it's not too naff!!



Cupcake - alter it
Moving along with the times - handmade flowers
Paperplay - make your own flowers
Lothian Crafts - handmade flowers
Pollycraft - felt
Totally papercrafts - anything but a card



Craft your Days Away - handmade flowers


Fi
x

22 comments:

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Fiona, what a gorgeous altered pot. I love the colours and pretty details, especially your felt flowers. I don't know what you see wrong with it as it looks perfect to me. Thank you for sharing with us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

MagsB said...

It's not naff at all! I love your colours, and the flowers are just gorgeous! Ace job!!

luv, Mags x

Vicky said...

It's lovely Fi...fab colours and the flowers are so pretty too hun...

have a lovely evening...hugs Vicky xx

mixamatoasties said...

Oh I love that. I neeeed one of them :)

Susan xxx

Faye said...

Oh, I'm so touched! I think yellow and blue look great together, a really pretty pot. xxx

Sue said...

Hi hun
Hi hun
sorry ive not been by for a few days, busy busy busy. A beautiful creation, lovely colour combo, they look fab, thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

Diane's Card Designs said...

A gorgeous creation love the colours and detail.
Diane xx

Unknown said...

Hi Fiona!
What a gorgeous altered item you have made!Love the soft colours and pretty details!Thanks for joining us at The Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good Luck! Hugs and sunshine!/Sari

coops said...

its gorgeous fi.i love the paper and colours and those flowers are stunning ;D

xx coops xx

Lisa Jane said...

oh what a fab project.. pretty and practical.. gorgeous colours
Thanks for joining us for our handmade flower challenge at MAWTT THIS WEEK
Lisa X

Amanda R said...

Pretty Fi and now you have something nice to look at on your desk too!

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW Fi this is brilliant ans will be so handy too. Thanks for playing along with us on MAWTT this week Hazelxoxo

Cazza said...

Wow such a brilliant creation, I love your flowers!!
Thanks for joining in the felt challenge with us this week over at Pollycraft :o)
Hugs,
Cazza
xxx

xxxtglxxx said...

Hi Fi :)

This is fabulous hun! Bright and cheery and it looks brilliant. I can just see the buttons round the side, and you are so right about those flowers! They look excellent in felt ;)

have a great week,

hugs

xxalisonxx

Anita said...

Fi, this is gorgeous! I love the colors and those felt flowers are beautiful. Thanks for joining the Pollycraft challenge this week.

Louise said...

Great project beautifully done,thanks for joining us at Copcake this week.
Louise xx

Lothian Crafts said...

Lovely felt flowers and a great idea. Thanks for joining our challenge.
Elaine

helloholley said...

this is beautiful!!! Thanks for inspiring me!!!! ;)

An Occasional Genius said...

I'm sure I left you a comment here, must be going daft!!! Love this, the colours are right up my alley & I do love those felt flowers. xx

Wishcraft said...

This is gorgeous Fi, love the colours. I've been thinking the same about the retro flower die that I've been struggling with - think it will probably work much better with felt, but I've not got any (yet lol!). Good excuse to go buying I suppose :o) Lisa x

Sarahshandmadecardsx said...

A gorgeous creation and I love your flowers.

Thanks for joining us this fortnight at Craft Your Days Away.

Hugs Sarahxx

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Oh this is FANTASTIC!! What a great idea!!