CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Followers

Tuesday, January 03, 2017

My first DT card of 2017


Hi folks...my first DT card of 2017!!

Today is my last day before going back to work tomorrow s I made a point of spending most of the day crafting!

I bought this stamp just before Christmas as I thought it was quite versatile and I could do lots with it...I haven't used all of the stamps in the set only the main one, still practising with the others.

The stamp is from Concorde and 9th and is called Hello Lovely.  I stamped onto watercolour card and white embossed.  I coloured the image using my Spectrum Noir Aquablend pencils, I started with the lighter shades and then gradually added until I got the shade I wanted...I wanted it to look quite soft.

I stamped some splodges and the sentiment which are from the same set and then added a few sequins to finish.

Pop over to the Spectrum Noir Blog for more inspiration.

Challenges:
Happy Little Stampers - watercolour challenge
Penny Black and More - anything goes
Allsorts - something new (new stamp)
Cute Card Thursday - anything goes
Brown sugar - anything goes
Simon Says Stamp - anything goes
Wordart Wednesday - anything goes




Fi
x

18 comments:

Tracey T said...

Beautiful! The stamp is definitely going on my wish list xx

Fikreta said...

very pretty card!

hugs, Ŧĭƙĭ
≽ܫ≼

Carole J said...

Such a pretty card, Fiona! I love the stamp and how you coloured it. x

Contagiously Crafty said...

Such a pretty card! A delight to see, I'm sure the recipient will love it. You might check out this challenge which would also be perfect for your card:

http://citycrafter.blogspot.com/2017/01/city-crafter-challenge-blog-week-343.html

So glad to have found you through SSS's challenge.

Aileen said...

stunning card, love the softness of the watercolouring. Looks so pretty

Karen Letchworth said...

Hello, Fiona!
I saw your beautiful card over at Simon Says Stamp and I just had to come by to take a closer look. This is really lovely and I love the design.

It would be such a blessing to have you stop by and also link this card in our challenge at Word Art Wednesday. Our challenges are always Anything Goes/Family Friendly and we have AWESOME prizes, too. I really hope you will come by to play along with us.
Blessings,
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

Kath said...

A fabulous card and a beautiful floral stamp.
Kath x

brenda said...

A great creation with super stamping and inking Fiona, many thanks for joining in at Allsorts and Penny Black and More challenges.

B x

Jo Nevill said...

Stunning, your flowers are out of this world ! Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jo x

Jenny Colacicco said...

So pretty - the orangey yellow peachy blend you have going on in the main bloom is stunning. This is such a great image and your watercolouring has really done it justice. Thank you for sharing with us at the HLS Watercolor challenge. Jenny x

Annette said...

This is GORGEOUS Fi. So bright and pretty. xx

Shirley said...

A beautiful fusion of pinky peach and lemon colours on your stamped image. Thank you for sharing your card with us at Penny Black and more this month.

Shirley

susiestacey said...

Gorgeous card, a lovely floral stamp and love the subtle colours they are so pretty.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Something New' challenge this week and good luck x Susan x

Michelle said...

Your colouring is beautiful, Fiona! A truly lovely card. :-) Thanks for joining us at HLS Watercolour Challenge!

Mummylade said...

Absolutely wonderful, the soft colours and the sentiment go so well together. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts this week.

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

I love this Fi. A truly gorgeous creation. I am LOVING the watercolouring over white embossing you've been doing of late. Stunning images, beautiful colours and so perfectly set up by your doodled frames and CAS designs. Popping in to wish you a fabulous 2017. Big hugs, Wends xoxo

Karen Letchworth said...

I'm SO glad that you came by to share your wonderful art in our challenge. I love your cards, and rally hope that you will join us again soon. Have a blessed week, and thanks for sharing with us.
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Nancy Penir said...

Wow, this is lovely, Fiona! What a beautiful stamp. I actually had a chance to play with it recently, and think it's a must have. You brought the florals to life with your beautiful shading, and colors. So happy you played along at HLS Watercolor Challenge!