CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Followers

Saturday, February 15, 2014

A Little Hug...





Hello everyone...hope you are all enjoying your weekend!!  I have been a bit manic with work recently however this is the first weekend in a wee while that I haven't had to work so priorities right and a card was in the making!!

The lovely Abi sent me these papers and they are beautiful, gorgeous colours and right up my street...thank you my love!! So I hope you like what I have made with them...

So this is my favourite sketch...you may have noticed, I sometimes do a wee variation it it though...the stamp is "A Little Hug" from Leanne Ellis at Sugar Nellie, the papers are MME - Hattie, the flowers have been cut with 2 different die-namics dies, the buttons have also been cut using a die-namics die. The hearts have been cut with my sizzix hearts die....so I am not into valentines although I think this looks ok, non pink but with hearts.

I layers the papers onto kraft card and doodled around each of the edges of the layers, I also did a bit of distressing to the layers, I coloured the image with copics and then shaded with polychromos.  I layered the image onto the card and added a ribbon and tied a little bow at the side.  I attached a die cut button and charm, added the die cut flowers and hearts. The sentiment is from Personal Impressions which I thought matched the image well...

supplies:
papers - MME Hattie
pens - copics
pencils - polychromos
pearls - The Hobby House
ribbon - The Ribbon Girl
die - sizzix heart

challenges:
Bunny Zoe - hearts
My Mum's Craft Shop - spots and stripes
Crafty Ribbons - ribbons and bows
The Hobby House - anything goes
Graph It's - florals/love
Simon Says Stamp - get krafty
Papertake Weekly - with a heart
ABC Challenge - F for flowers
Color me Creative - anything goes
The Kraft Journal - love


Fi
x

20 comments:

mixamatoasties said...

Fab card Fi. Love the colours. And you know me, I love a non pink card. Non pink is not just for Valentine's day ;)

Susan xx

Sue said...

So gorgeous Fi. Such a sweet image, beautiful colouring and I LOVE those papers too.
Take care
Sue xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Absolutely love this and yes had noticed you love this sketch. I have some candy on offer x

An Occasional Genius said...

I LOVE what you've made with them! It's absolutely gorgeous xx

Chris said...

Your card is fabulous, Fi! Sweet image and lovely papers, it is a great design ;) and the flowers are gorgeous!
Chris
x

Coccinelle Demoiselle said...

What's better to hug plush bunny? I like your card which brings me back in childhood. Good lukck to Crafty Ribbons Challenge...

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Love that paper and your flowers are adorable! Thanks for playing at 4 Crafty Chicks, I hope you will join us again soon!
Tina - DT member

Nikki said...

Very sweet. Love the colours and your great layout. Thanks for playing along at ABC Challenges.

Nikki

sara said...

beautiful card thanks so much for joining us at Bunnyzoes this month
hugs sara x x

Liz's creative corner said...

Gorgeous card, thanks for sharing with us at Bunny Zoe's, hugs Liz xx

Karen Letchworth said...

Your card is absolutely STUNNING, Fiona. I love all the kraft you've used on it, and I really hope that you will continue to join us each week. It's wonderful to have you share your talents with us and your creativity with kraft products.
Blessings,
Karen
The Kraft Journal

Unknown said...

Lovely card, Thanks for joining in with us this week at Graph'It colour challenge.
Good Luck Susan xx

Anonymous said...

absolutely gorgeous thank you so much for mentioning your Hobby House product in your post and for joining us at the challenge
Hugs Kate xx

Leanne said...

Way to go, this is so pretty, love the colors and that image is so cute. Great job with the pearls, and that charm nice touch. Thanks for entering our Pearls challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks!

Leanne DT@4 Crafty Chicks

Claire said...

Wow what a gorgeous card, love the image and all the pretty details! Thanks for joining us at Graph'It Colouring Challenge this week
Claire xx

Nikki Craft said...

Beautiful card. I really love the colours:)
Thank you for joining us at the Hobby House challenge x
Hugs Nikki x

Grenouille Greetings said...

I love the papers too! Lucky you! And they make great rolled roses. I have never made any and I really must - I have the tools to do it. Such a sweet and prettily coloured image too! A lovely card! Hugs, Lesley

Gunn (Merete) said...

This is such a georgeus card. Love this cute image and your flowers are great.
Thanks for joining us at SFTW.
Gunn***

♥Jan♥ said...

We liked this card so much at The Kraft Journal that we will be featuring it, and your blog, tomorrow on our "Feature Me Friday" post. Be sure to stop by and pick up your "featured artist" button !!

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Just came from Kraft Journal where you are the feature Fri. LIke the detail, image & embellishing of your card. Especially like the quilled flowers.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"