CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Followers

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

So it's a beautiful day...


Hi folks...as you know I have been out of action for some time but just getting back into the swing of things and what better than with one of my favouritest stamp sets...Beautiful Day from Altenew.

I stamped the flowers and white embossed them....I also white embossed the leaves too. I then masked the flowers and stamped and white embossed the happy birthday text background.

Using my zig clean colour brush pens I added lots of colour to the flowers and leaves, I then loaded a brush with lots of water a d brushed over the coloured flowers....this gave a softer look and also gave some colour to the text.

Once dry I added some coloured splits, I then left it to dry before I added the black ink splodges.

I then stamped the sentiment and white embossed and I did cut the "you" 3 times and glued them together.

I added these to the card and also added some sequin, pearls and gems to finish...hope you likey!

products used:
Altenew - Beautiful Day
Simon Says Stamp - you matteer stamp and die
MFT - distressed patterns
MFT - Happy Birthday Bckground
zig clean color brush pens
sequins
versamark ink
white embossing powder
pearls and gems

challenges:
Stamping Sensations - one for the girls
CAS Watercolour Challenge - CAS and watercoloured
Less is More - bring something back




11 comments:

Bonnie said...

Pretty flowers, Fiona!

Fikreta said...

Hi Fi.
Happy to see you in blogland.
Card is gorgeous!
Hugs

brenda said...

This is just stunning Fiona, you have achieved a really dreamy feel with the soft colours and muted background, super work and inspiration. Many thanks for joining in with our 'For the Girls' theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Viv said...

Such a pretty card with one of my fave stamp sets! The waterbrushing across the text gives a lovely soft look to the whole thing. Lovely Fiona and thank you for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations!

Trina P. said...

Getting back to crafting must feel good. This is a lovely Altenew set and you've watercoloured it beautifully. It may be a little too buy for our clean and simple challenge as we love seeing uncluttered white space. It's a beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Less is More. x

Loll said...

Your card is STUNNING, Fiona. Unfortunately, the CAS Watercolour challenge this month is Bird and I don't see a bird on your card.

Karen Dunbrook said...

beautiful...love the soft muted colours on this lovely card.
Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!
🙂 Karen

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Sorry to hear that you've not been crafting and I do hope you'll be in the swing again soon. This is a pretty and feminine card. A little more clear space would have been wonderful but the recipient will adore this card.
Thanks so much for sharing this with us,
Sharon xx
Less is More

Sally H said...

Such a stunning card! gorgeous soft tones and fab stamping. Thanks for joining our 'one for the girls' theme at Stamping Sensations and good luck!

Aileen said...

wow what an amazing beautiful soft creation. I love every inch of it.

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Wow, this is stunning Fi. I love this set and the way you've used it is gorgeous. The script in the centre is so lovely too. I'm really loving your inky adventures. You are doing some stunning watercolouring. Hugs, Wends xoxo