CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Followers

Sunday, May 21, 2017

Happy Birthday...



Howdy everybody...it's Fi here with today's post!  It's late, but as they say better late than never..




For this card I used the MFT Happy Birthday Background stamp and the MFT Beautiful Butterflies, I white embossed the background on watercolour card. I then stamped distress ink onto a piece of acetate, I loaded my brush with water and lifted the ink and washed it randomly over the embossed writing.  I didn't want to cover it all.  I inked up the butterfly with distress inks aswell and cut out.  I used sticky fixers to layer the butterfly and the sentiment. The sentiment is from Altenew Label Love. 
I finished with some ink splodges and sequins.

challenges:
Allsorts - Happy Birthday
Fab n Funky - create a background



Fi
x

11 comments:

Fikreta said...

so very nice card !

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

So pretty Fi. Love it! Hugs, Wends xoxo

brenda said...

A very pretty feminine Birthday card with a super inky background, right up my street as they say, perfect for our 8th Birthday celebrations at Allsorts, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Janis Lewis said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing at Moving Along with the Times.
~DT Janis

Mervi said...

Beautiful and elegant card!
Thank you for joining in our 8th Birthday celebrations at
Allsorts;-))m

Kathleen said...

Really levelly delicate colours of the background and a like the black as a great contrast.
Thank you for joining our 'Birthday' challenge this week at Allsorts.

Kath

Craft buddy said...

I really love your designing and colour combinations, this is a great example of white embossing with colour on top, I'm inspired to do something similar now! Thanks for sharing this project with us at Moving Along with the Times this week! x Jessie

Ginny said...

fab card, thanks for joining us at FnF :)

Brawny x said...

Wow stunning card x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Just popped in to say, what a nice surprise I had when I opened up a recent stash of mags, that finally made their way to NZ. Gorgeous set of cards from you Fi!!! Was so nice to see. Hope you're well hun and finding time for the things you love. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Marilyn said...

So pretty and that blue butterfly is a stunning focal point.