CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Followers

Friday, March 27, 2015

Tutorial using Aqua markers

Hi folks, I'm here to share with you my card using the fabby Spectrum Aqua markers which I hope you like.  You can also pop over to the Spactrum Noir blog for more inspiration.



First of all, start with your blank watercolour card, I cut mine to almost 6 x6 to work with.



Next choose the colours you want to use, for mine I am using Kingfisher and Lime.



Next I coloured in the whole card, half with kingfisher and half with lime and then using a water filled paintbrsush, paint over the colour with water to blend it out and to blend both colours together and then leave aside to dry.


While your card is drying, stamp up the wording, I have used archival ink on watercolour card.



Cut the excess card off, using the aqua marker, colour around the edges and draw in the colour, leave to dry.


Next, I die cut the poppy heads and stamped them up using the black aqua marker.



Using the coloured square now that it's dry, die cut a circle...this will be the base for your image.


Next I stamped the stalks of the poppies ready to stick the poppy heads on.


And...here we have it, my finished card with all the elements together.....I hope you like it.


Fi
x

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it! Thank you for the tutorial. I just bought Spectrum Aqua markers, and it´s an enjoy to colour with them. Have a great weekend!

Brawny x said...

What a great tutorial. Thanks. Fab card x

Debs said...

Beautiful!!! And fabulous tutorial too.
Debs xx

coops said...

great tutorial fi, i love the colours blended together and your finished card is stunning ;D

xx coops xx

Sue said...

Hi Fiona, what a lovely card and a great tutorial... So glad I called in to say hello!
Sue. xxx
tanglemousecards.blogspot.co.uk