CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Followers

Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Some exciting news...




Good morning Sugar fans....it's Wednesday I hear you say and this isn't The Sugar Bowl I hear you say....well that's right, the lovely Karen asked me if I would like to take a 3 month spot over on The Sugar Nellie blog...woo hoo!!  Well I obviously had to think about it for all of 2 seconds...lol!!



So for my first card I wanted to go plain and simple and to try to just focus on my colouring and Butterfly Girl is one of my favourite stamps.  She comes from the Simply Sassy range of Sugar Nellie over at Funky Kits.  I stamped her using memento ink and coloured with copics, building up colour and then shaded with polychromos....I like using my pencils for the finishing touches as I can get a bit finer detail with them as sometimes the pens can bleed too much.





Now I found that embossing folder at the SECC which I had to have as I immediately thought of this stamp...so the make is Craft Concepts....and it is just beautiful...I love embossing with white card, I think it looks so crisp and clean.

Again, I found those teeny weeny butterflies at the SECC, they come in the one die from Memory Box and are just so perfect not just with this stamp but lots of other stamps too...I just added a bit of colour to them, popped their wings up and stuck them down.

The embossed panel, image and sentiment are layered onto kraft card and I doodled around the edges...I think that helps to pop an image.

The message is from Stampin Up and I finished with some pearls in the corner....hope you likey.

challenges:
Papertake Weekly - anything goes
Allsorts - use those dies
Crafty Catz - anything goes
Simon Says Stamp - birthday

Fi
x

14 comments:

Tracy said...

Congrats Fi! The butterflies in the background really carry your theme through. Great job! Hugs!

Unknown said...

Fabulous news Fiona, and a stunning card hun, well done you xxx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Huge congrats, fab card. I have that MB die and use it loads, love that image too

Ali said...

Great card and great news - look forward to seeing your creations xxx

Liz McGuire, said...

Woohoo, a much deserved spot. Your card is stunning, love all the butterflies. But then all your cards are fab - I stalk often but ashamed to say don't comment enough,

Liz x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

I likey a lot Fi! Gorgeous design. Utterly inspired to paIr the die cut butterflies with that pretty embossing folder. Love the Kraft and White together and your doodling finishes it perfectly! Fabulous card hun. Hugs, Wends x

Sue said...

BIG congratulations Fi, it is soooooo well deserved too.
Your card is stunning, I love the sweet image, beautiful embossing and pretty butterflies.
Sue xx

Debbie said...

Hey Fi.
Congrats, you will be an asset to them.
Gorgeous card, love the embossing folder. debbiex

Janette said...

Big congrats , well done...
Gorgeous card, so cute...
Thanks for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week.x

Craftnut said...

Thanks for joining us at allsorts Tracy x

coops said...

so gorgeous fi.i love this sassy image and your design is stunning :D
huge congrats on your DT too.

xx coops xx

Kat W said...

Yay, congrats on your DT spot and oh, what a gorgeous card - love the embossing folder with extra butterflies on top - so pretty :-)
Hugs, Kat x

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, beautiful card and I love the tiny butterflies.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.

luv

Debby

Juls said...

gorgeous!!! Loving the combo of the embossed and punched butterflis!! Hugs Juls